This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Working well on some but one of the machine is not ok with below error:

Any clue?

Budget Insert Failed : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Field _connectionString was not found in Type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection

Parameter name: propName
at EntityFramework.BulkInsert.Extensions.TypeExtensions.GetPrivateFieldValue(Object obj, String propName) in c:\dev\EntityFramework.BulkInsert\dev\Src\EntityFramework.BulkInsert\Extensions\TypeExtensions.cs:line 33
Sep 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I have this problem too.

On my computer everything work fine. But on other machine has same exception.
I found that problem in System.Data.dll
On my computer the version of this file 4.0.30319.18047.
On computer where it is not work the version 4.0.30319.237. In this file class System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection has not private field _connectionString.
Nov 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Microsoft dot-net framework 4.5.1
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Open the ProviderBase.cs file and then change the
        protected virtual string ConnectionString
        {
            get
            {
                return (string)DbConnection.GetPrivateFieldValue("_connectionString");
            }
        }
to
protected virtual string ConnectionString {
  get {
    return (string)DbConnection.ConnectionString;
  }
}
Mar 17, 2015 at 12:25 PM
Has a Issue been reported on this? I use this through Nuget and after publishing my application, this bug has arisen to haunt me. Specifically, my app must target .Net 4.0. Most of my users are up to 4.0. However, there is a chance that my key users may be on 4.5. I'm not sure why since they use corporate PCs and updates are pushed to them, but this is a bit of a show stopper. Is there a workaround for this, for us Nuget users?